An average sales worker’s calendar is a bunch of different tasks on top of each other. With the built-in calendar, you can easily plan & organize all your activities in Joforce CRM. You can also connect your Google Calendar with Joforce CRM to efficiently organize all the activities in one place.
Adding a new task #
Task refers to the specific activity that is to be done at the defined period of time. To add a new task,
- Click on the Add Task in the top right
- In the Creating New Task overlay, add the task-related info
- Add the task name in the Subject text column
- To assign this task to a different user, choose the desired user from the Assigned To drop down.
- Choose the Start Date & Time and the Due Date of the Task.
- Choose the Status, Priority, and Location
- Reminder – You may deal with a no. of tasks on any given day. By that time, keeping track of each and every task can be tedious. With the help of Reminders, you can efficiently keep track of all your activities and never miss out on any.
- Enable the check and choose the desired time.
- If you have chosen 1 hour, it alerts you with a reminder email one hour before the commencement of the event.
- Finally, click on Save.
Adding new Events #
Events are planned occasions like Meetings or Appointments with our client or any other. To create a new event,
- Click on the Add Event or just click on the desired date to add a new event
- Add the Event Details
- Add the Event name, Start Date and time, Status, Activity type, Priority
- Recurrence details
- If you’re planning for a Webinar to run every month until a period of time in the mere future. Now enable the checkbox and provide the recurrence date.
- Related To
- With this, you can add the people who are related to this Webinar.
- If you want to invite one of your users or teammates for the webinar, click on the text box, and select the desired person from the drop-down.
- Once done, hit Save.
Different views for Calendar #
Joforce CRM renders you with three different views to view all your related events.
- My Calendar – It displays the events that are created and assigned to you. You are given 4 different views
- Month – set of all events planned for the current month
- Week – set of all events planned for the current week
- Day – set of all events planned for the current day
- Agenda – set of all events planned based on a period
- You can also view all your module date field values in the calendar view.
- Shared Calendar – It displays the events that are shared with you. You can also categorize it based on the groups like Marketing, Support, etc.
- Calendar List View – It displays the events that belong to you and users who are lower in the hierarchy.
Configuring the calendar settings #
You can configure your calendar settings in the way you want to use it. To do so,
- Admin users can get this by clicking on the Profile icon → Settings → My Preferences → Calendar Settings
You can configure
- Starting Day of the week – The day from which your calendar needs to begin.
- Day starts at – The starting time of your day
- Date Format – By Clicking on Edit on the My preferences, you can choose your own date format
- Calendar Hour Format – Choose your own format for the time
- Time Zone – Choose your timezone
- Default MyCalendar View – The default view for your own calendar. Joforce CRM offers you 4 views → Day, Week, Month, and Agenda. You can change the view at any time.
- Popup Reminder Interval – The time interval the remainder popup displayed on the screen
- Default Calendar View – The default view of the calendar module. i.e. List view, My Calendar view or Shared Calendar View
- Default Event Status & ActivityType – The default status and type of the event planned. The default type in Joforce CRM → Call, Meeting, Mobile Call. The default status → Planned, Held, Not Held
- Default Event Duration – Specify your event duration
- Hide Completed Calendar Events – Enable the checkbox to hide the completed events in your Calendar.
Connecting your Google Calendar with Joforce CRM #
Never miss out on any of your important events, connect your Google Calendar and Joforce CRM Calendar and bring all your events to one place. To know more, Click here.
Importing all your existing calendar events into Joforce CRM Calendar #
With Joforce CRM, you can import your events from any CSV or ICS file. To import events,
- Click on the Calendar icon in the Quick Actions Bar, navigate to the list view, and click on Import
- In the Import Calendar overlay, choose the file type and click on the desired button
- Based on the Import file type chosen, the import step varies
For importing CSV files, it includes below three steps
Upload your CSV File
- Select and upload a CSV file from your computer
- Has Header – Enable the Has Header checkbox, if your CSV file has a header field. This header field is mapped with the appropriate Joforce CRM fields for a successful import.
- Character Encoding – Choose the CSV format either UTF-8 or ISO – 8859 – 1 from the drop-down
- Delimiter – Enable the checkbox to select any one of the four delimiters
- Hit Next.
Duplicate Handling – You can easily handle duplicate data while importing. If you no longer need to check for duplicates you can navigate to the next step by clicking on Skip this step, else add the following information to check for duplicates
- Initially choose the action to be performed, when a duplicate detected
- Skip – To skip duplicate records
- Overwrite – To overwrite the current value on the existing record
- Merge – To merge the new and already existing record
- Based on the fields selected Select the matching fields to find duplicate records section, the duplicates are identified
- Available Fields – Displays all the fields of the appropriate module
- Fields to be matched on – The list of selected fields to identify duplicates.
- To add a new field, choose the field from Available Fields and click on the Forward Arrow icon
- To delete a field, select a field from the Fields to be matched on click on the Backward Arrow icon.
- Click on Next
Field Mapping – Map the CSV fields with the appropriate Joforce CRM fields.
- To save this current mapping as a template for future use, Enable Save as a custom Mapping checkbox and provide a name to your text box.
- You can use the saved template in the future using the Use saved Maps option.
- Note: Mapping is critical for the success of the import
Once done with all your settings, click on Import to import the data
Now you will get the import results, it shows the information like
- No. of records successfully imported
- No. of new records created
- No. of records overwritten
- No. of records skipped
- No. of records merged
From here itself, you can
- Import – start a new import
- Undo Last import – Deletes the records that are created during the last import
- Finish – complete the import
For the ICS file,
- Upload your file and then click on Import
Now all your events have been imported.
Managing the calendar information #
Common action performed on the module
- Click on More
Action performed in the list view of the calendar
- Click on a List text box at the top
- Click on the Search icon in the right corner of the list view table → To search for records in that module
- Click on the Box icon in the right corner of the list view table → To alter the header menu.
- Double click on the menu → To sort the menu.
- Bulk actions on the whole – Select the desired records → click on the Drop down menu and choose the necessary menu
Actions done on single record
- Details → Navigate to the detailed view of the record
- Edit → To edit the record
- Delete → To delete the selected record
Action performed in the detail view of any calendar record
- Click on Add Tag → To add tag
- Follow → To keep track of a task or event
- Edit → To edit a task or event
- Click on More
- Delete → To delete the record information
- Duplicate → To replicate the already existing record to create a new one.